We are happy to announce these wonderful blanched almonds. They feature a slight roasted flavor. These blanched almonds are made from organic almonds grown by Nick, David and Steve Koretoff, California family farmers of five generations. They open some fascinating possibilities like making your own white almond butter. Another possibility would be almond cream.
90% of the world’s almonds are grown in California’s Central Valley. It is bounded to the east by the towering Sierras and to the west by the coastal mountain range. Its rich, alluvial soil is wondrously fertile. This great plain is a sea of white in February when the almonds blossom. The orchards are irrigated by water from melting snow high in the Sierras. It is brought to them by a marvelous system of canals. California almonds are sweeter and their flavor is richer and more complex. Imported almond cannot compare. California almonds are simply the best.
Country of Origin: USA
DISCLAIMER:- The products and claims made about specific products on this website have not been evaluated by the USDA and are not approved to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.
The information provided here is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician. Before undertaking any change in lifestyle or diet, we urge you to seek the guidance and services of qualified, licensed health professionals.
How to make Almond Cream
Making almond cream is SUPER easy and exactly like making cashew cream, actually! If you’re new to making cream out of nuts, here’s how you do it:
- Add blanched (skinless) almonds to a glass bowl that holds 3-4 cups.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Pour it over the almonds.
- Soak nuts in hot water for 2 hours (alternatively, soak in room-temp water overnight)
- Drain, rinse and shake nuts dry.
- Put the nuts in a food processor (or high speed blender) and blend them until completely broken down.
- Scrape down the sides, and blend again with a little almond milk and to reach a creamy consistency and Voila, cream!
I was waiting for these to be back in stock. These are truly the best blanched almonds I've had. Finding quality blanched almonds is harder than I thought. These are simply the best.